Assets are the stylesheets, scripts, images, fonts, etc. that are on the website’s hard drive (i.e. web host’s hard drive) that are downloaded to the browser.
Versioning gives us the ability to change each asset’s static URL to ensure our changes go out to the browser (bust through cache).
In this hands-on coding lab, you will be learning better techniques and strategies for automating your asset versioning in WordPress. No more hard coding the version number when you enqueue.
This is a lab that everyone needs regardless of skill level. Whether you are an implementer or advanced developer, this one hands-on lab is for you.
Whoever says that coding is hard, just smack them.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:27:07
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 11:19
- 2 Why is Version Number Necessary?free 16:30
- 3 Version Numbering Schemepro 06:47
- 4 Forget Hard Coding Version Numberpro 15:02
- 5 Forget Hard Coding - Grab Stylesheet's Versionpro 05:19
- 6 Forget Hard Coding - Genesispro 05:17
- 7 Load the Theme's Minified Stylesheetpro 10:23
- 8 Strategy Session: Minified or Full for Theme Versionpro 12:25
- 9 Load the Minified Stylesheet in Genesispro 05:04
- 10 Refactor to Improve Our Codepro 11:20
- 11 Applying It to Scriptspro 18:14
- 12 Apply it to Scripts - Genesispro 09:13
- 13 Convert into Utility File - for Reusepro 14:30
- 14 Wrap it Upfree 05:44