We’ve done the theme’s stylesheet. Now we need to apply the same strategy to the scripts and any remaining supplemental stylesheets. In this episode, you and I will refactor the Twenty Seventeen’s enqueue code while we discuss the strategy. Step-by-step, we’ll work through it together.
As we do, we’ll find a flaw in our original code.
Flaws in original design
As you work through your code, you will refactor it. You will think about how to make it more flexible, adaptable, and reusable for many different contexts.
That’s what is going to happen in this episode. It’s a small change. But working through the process, hearing how I think about it, and then looking at the result will help you to make your code better and more reusable.
Once upon a time, there was a developer... You! This is going to be a good story...
Total Lab Runtime: 02:27:07
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 11:19
- 2 Why is Version Number Necessary?free 16:30
- 3 Version Numbering Schemepro 06:47
- 4 Forget Hard Coding Version Numberpro 15:02
- 5 Forget Hard Coding - Grab Stylesheet's Versionpro 05:19
- 6 Forget Hard Coding - Genesispro 05:17
- 7 Load the Theme's Minified Stylesheetpro 10:23
- 8 Strategy Session: Minified or Full for Theme Versionpro 12:25
- 9 Load the Minified Stylesheet in Genesispro 05:04
- 10 Refactor to Improve Our Codepro 11:20
- 11 Applying It to Scriptspro 18:14
- 12 Apply it to Scripts - Genesispro 09:13
- 13 Convert into Utility File - for Reusepro 14:30
- 14 Wrap it Upfree 05:44