Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Build the Shortcode Processer
Lab: Let’s Build the Collapsible Content Plugin – Part 1
Video Runtime: 11:26
Let’s build the shortcode processor. This is the function that is called when the shortcode is found in the content. WordPress will call our function.
In our plugin, we are going to use one function for both shortcodes.
We’ll do a deep discussion on how to prepare and process the hidden content. First, we talk about why we are not sanitizing it at this point. We’ll talk about why, when, and how WordPress sanitizes. We’ll talk about processing other shortcodes that are embedded within our hidden content.
Next, we need to define our file’s namespace and specify the real fully qualified path to our function. Let me introduce you to PHP
Shared Quick Tips
In this episode, I shared some quick tips:
- Why include the shortcode name when doing
- One keystroke reformatting of the entire file to the WordPress coding standard using PhpStorm
- What makes a conditional falsey? What is a falsey state?
Keep It Simple, Stupid (KISS) - the best kiss you'll get in code.
Total Lab Runtime: 04:18:43
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 10:15
- 2 Planning Out the Pluginfree 12:53
- 3 Plugin Architecturepro 12:42
- 4 Plugin Header - Tell WordPress "Hey, I'm a Plugin"pro 09:36
- 5 Add UpGulppro 13:45
- 6 Setup the GitHub Repositorypro 12:04
- 7 Architect the HTML Markuppro 08:47
- 8 Build Q&A HTML Viewpro 13:20
- 9 Build Teaser HTML Viewpro 08:16
- 10 Architect the Shortcodespro 15:05
- 11 Shortcode Runtime Configuration Parameterspro 06:42
- 12 Build the Shortcode Processerpro 11:26
- 13 Autoloadpro 01:45
- 14 Test the Shortcodepro 09:38
- 15 Architect the jQuery Scriptpro 11:47
- 16 Build the jQuery Basic Structurepro 16:21
- 17 Enqueue the Assetspro 20:35
- 19 Refactorpro 07:40
- 20 Building the Click Handlerpro 08:48
- 21 Get the Element's Indexpro 08:50
- 22 Is the Hidden Content Showing?pro 04:24
- 23 Animate the Hidden Contentpro 04:06
- 24 Change the Iconpro 12:50
- 25 Commit Changes & Wrappro 04:22