You are going to want to configure all the unique labels in the back-end for your client. Listen to me. It’s your job to make it consistent and easy for the user (your client) to use and manage their content. Labels that say “Post” will confuse them. It will confuse you six months from now when you come back to this project. Take the time to configure the labels. It just takes a couple of minutes.
In this episode, you will learn about the different label options. You’ll also learn about internationalization with
Since we are building a Team Bio plugin, you will also change the featured image to read “Profile Image.” To see it, first, you need to add the post type feature. Then you can add the labels to your custom post type.
You can follow along in WordPress codex.
Hands off the keyboard. Web development starts by thinking first, then planning it out, and then coding it.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:20:49
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 02:33
- 2 What is a Custom Post Type?free 03:12
- 3 Plugin Overviewpro 12:09
- 4 Minimum Configurationpro 07:18
- 5 Configure Labelspro 12:52
- 6 Configure Post Type Featurespro 07:21
- 7 Exclude Post Type Featurespro 08:25
- 8 Flush Rewrite Rulespro 13:44
- 9 Configuring Argumentspro 10:48
- 10 Wrap it Uppro 02:27