Way to go! You now know how easy it is to configure and register custom post types. This lab was long because I wanted to show you all the options, labels, and discuss rewrites and permalinks.WooHoo! I just built a Team Bios plugin and #WordPress custom post type. Click To Tweet
You did it! Excellent job! Bam, you now are empowered and know how easy it is to configure and register custom post types. WooHoo! Way to go.
In this hands-on lab, you and I will walk through the entire process of adding a new feature to an existing WordPress plugin. You'll start with the Collapsible Content plugin and then add a FAQ feature to it. This feature will require you to plan, think, and execute building a custom post type, custom taxonomy, advanced SQL queries, custom archive, and shortcode.
Check out the WordPress Fundamentals Library for more hands-on labs, insights, Docx, and more.
Check out the series page for more labs: WordPress Built-in and Custom Post Types
There’s a time to code and …. yup, that sums it up.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:20:49
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 02:33
- 2 What is a Custom Post Type?free 03:12
- 3 Plugin Overviewpro 12:09
- 4 Minimum Configurationpro 07:18
- 5 Configure Labelspro 12:52
- 6 Configure Post Type Featurespro 07:21
- 7 Exclude Post Type Featurespro 08:25
- 8 Flush Rewrite Rulespro 13:44
- 9 Configuring Argumentspro 10:48
- 10 Wrap it Uppro 02:27