Now the HTML structure is correct and the components are in the right order. Let’s start working on the styling. This time, you will style in the browser but then move those changes into the stylesheet. You’ll learn about how to structure your stylesheet to achieve clean, quality code by keeping it lean and DRY (Don’t Repeat Yourself).Clean code applies to the stylesheet too. Keep it lean and DRY. #cleancode #genesiswp Click To Tweet
Listen to me. Here are some master tips just for you. The size of your stylesheet matters. Why? The larger the file the longer it takes to load from the server to the person’s viewing device. That time translates to how fast the page is viewable for the person. This is one time when size does matter. Be smart about how you do your styles. Keep it lean and DRY.
Your functions are bloated. Put them on a diet. Think "skinny" and "as few lines as possible."
Total Lab Runtime: 02:09:18
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 05:33
- 2 Custom Header Layout 1 - Structurepro 09:02
- 3 Custom Header Layout 1 - Stylingpro 11:54
- 4 Custom Header Layout 1 - Mobile Stylingpro 07:00
- 5 Custom Header Layout 2 - HTML Structurepro 13:58
- 6 Custom Header Layout 2 - Stylingpro 14:02
- 7 Custom Header Layout 3 - HTML Structurepro 16:11
- 8 Custom Header Layout 3 - CSS Stylingpro 12:48
- 9 Let's Build a Custom Utility Bar - Structurepro 15:39
- 10 Custom Utility Bar - Styling - Part 1pro 11:57
- 11 Custom Utility Bar - Styling - Part 2pro 09:32
- 12 Wrap it Upfree 01:42