WordPress provides a custom header feature in the Theme Customizer. You have control of whether to provide a custom header within your client theme. It allows your client to change the logo, site header image, or site title color.
Let’s take a look at how you configure it in the child theme and then what the results are in the browser.
Your functions are bloated. Put them on a diet. Think "skinny" and "as few lines as possible."
Total Lab Runtime: 02:16:34
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 06:45
- 2 Genesis Header - Overviewpro 14:35
- 3 Detecting the Root Pagepro 14:26
- 4 Building the Site Title - Part 1pro 08:00
- 5 Building the Site Title - Part 2pro 08:33
- 6 Customizing the Site Titlepro 13:04
- 7 Styling the Site Titlepro 04:29
- 8 Introduction to the Custom Header Featurepro 07:31
- 9 Custom Header Feature in Genesis - Part 1pro 15:14
- 10 Custom Header Feature in Genesis - Part 2pro 10:51
- 11 Building the Site Descriptionpro 12:47
- 12 To Render or Not to Render - Header Right Sidebarpro 11:02
- 13 Building the Header Right Sidebarpro 08:28
- 14 Wrap it Upfree 00:49