Let me introduce the lab to you to what you will be doing. First of all, this lab is meant for the professional developer, the person who wants to know the Genesis codebase, as you will be exploring and reverse engineering the actual source code. The intent of this lab is to introduce you to the Genesis framework, its architecture, event hooks (actions and filters), the child-parent relationship, and more. You will look at the HTML and markup that is generated by the framework, explore the hooks that allow you to customize everything, and get a solid foundation before you move into the specific components.
You will want to have your sandbox project spun up and ready to work along with me, as you will retain the information when you learn by doing (hence our motto of Learn. Do.).
This entire series is for any skill level. However, it does assume that you know basic PHP. I will point out the Docx to help you out as you progress through the series.
Once upon a time, there was a developer... You! This is going to be a good story...
Total Lab Runtime: 02:47:43
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 10:07
- 2 The Why of the Genesis Frameworkfree 09:26
- 3 Web Page Sequencefree 07:33
- 4 Web Page Sequence - in the Codefree 14:54
- 5 The Intent of HTML and its Markupfree 08:45
- 6 The Intent of the Themefree 11:17
- 7 WordPress Event (Plugin API) Refresherfree 12:19
- 8 Visual Hook Guide and the HTML - Headerfree 10:10
- 9 Visual Hook Guide and the HTML - Contentfree 10:01
- 10 Visual Hook Guide and the HTML - Sidebarfree 09:22
- 11 Visual Hook Guide and the HTML - Footerfree 08:34
- 12 File Architecturefree 12:32
- 13 Codebase Architecturefree 10:03
- 14 Event Naming Conventionfree 08:50
- 15 Initialize & Setup Overviewfree 07:50
- 16 Initializing Genesisfree 06:09
- 17 Setting Up Genesisfree 08:15
- 18 Wrap it Upfree 01:36