Genesis is my theming framework of choice because it is built for the developer. It allows you to customize everything without having to rewrite large sections of code or recreate template HTML structures. It is modular and complies, for the most part, to clean, quality coding standards and concepts. It is easy to read the codebase, which helps you to find what you need and then get on to writing the custom bits.
Let’s talk about the why of the Genesis framework from the professional developer’s perspective.
Keep It Simple, Stupid (KISS) - the best kiss you'll get in code.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:47:43
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 10:07
- 2 The Why of the Genesis Frameworkfree 09:26
- 3 Web Page Sequencefree 07:33
- 4 Web Page Sequence - in the Codefree 14:54
- 5 The Intent of HTML and its Markupfree 08:45
- 6 The Intent of the Themefree 11:17
- 7 WordPress Event (Plugin API) Refresherfree 12:19
- 8 Visual Hook Guide and the HTML - Headerfree 10:10
- 9 Visual Hook Guide and the HTML - Contentfree 10:01
- 10 Visual Hook Guide and the HTML - Sidebarfree 09:22
- 11 Visual Hook Guide and the HTML - Footerfree 08:34
- 12 File Architecturefree 12:32
- 13 Codebase Architecturefree 10:03
- 14 Event Naming Conventionfree 08:50
- 15 Initialize & Setup Overviewfree 07:50
- 16 Initializing Genesisfree 06:09
- 17 Setting Up Genesisfree 08:15
- 18 Wrap it Upfree 01:36