Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Lab: Advanced SQL – Get Posts Grouped by Terms
Video Runtime: 23:20
Remember that MySQL is a relational database management system (RDBMS). Database tables can be of type one-to-one, one-to-many, and many-to-many. These types can be confusing. Let’s relate (no pun intended) the types to WordPress.
Your best friend is code, Tonya is making the introductions.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:46:48
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 14:27
- 2 Slow Approach Overviewpro 12:11
- 3 Test Slow Approach - Part 1pro 17:27
- 4 Test Slow Approach - Part 2pro 21:07
- 5 Relational Typespro 23:20
- 6 Types of Joinspro 09:30
- 7 Joining Metadatapro 12:37
- 8 Joining Posts to Termspro 20:32
- 9 Grouping Datasetspro 08:32
- 10 WordPress SQL Handler $wpdbpro 11:01
- 11 Deeper Dive into $wpdb->get_resultspro 05:54
- 12 Run Fast Approach & Compare Resultspro 10:10