Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Types of Joins
Lab: Advanced SQL – Get Posts Grouped by Terms
Video Runtime: 09:30
SQL provides you with four different commands to join database tables together:
RIGHT JOIN, and
JOIN. How do these work? What makes them different? And when do you use one or the other? Let’s relate it to WordPress posts and metadata as well as posts to terms.
This chart provides a visual of the what is fetched for each join:
Code. Eat. Code. Sleep. Dream about Code. Code.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:46:48
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 14:27
- 2 Slow Approach Overviewpro 12:11
- 3 Test Slow Approach - Part 1pro 17:27
- 4 Test Slow Approach - Part 2pro 21:07
- 5 Relational Typespro 23:20
- 6 Types of Joinspro 09:30
- 7 Joining Metadatapro 12:37
- 8 Joining Posts to Termspro 20:32
- 9 Grouping Datasetspro 08:32
- 10 WordPress SQL Handler $wpdbpro 11:01
- 11 Deeper Dive into $wpdb->get_resultspro 05:54
- 12 Run Fast Approach & Compare Resultspro 10:10