Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Lab: Ins and Outs of PHP Namespace for WordPress
Video Runtime: 12:20
Class structures use namespacing too, just like functions do. Within its namespace, PHP knows how to find the methods and properties of a class blueprint. When you use the class outside of the namespace, you need to make PHP know which class you mean. That means you can either:
- You can specify its fully qualified name such as
- If the namespace is the root, then you can use a relative name such as
$post = new Sandbox\Post();
- You can import the class using the PHP keyword
- You can import and then alias the class.
You can learn more about aliasing and importing in the PHP manual.
Once upon a time, there was a developer... You! This is going to be a good story...
Total Lab Runtime: 02:25:26
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 02:59
- 2 What and Why of Namespacingfree 20:15
- 3 Why Namespacing instead of Prefixing?free 12:39
- 4 The Basicspro 17:36
- 5 Fully Qualified Namingpro 06:50
- 6 Callbacks and Namespacingpro 08:00
- 7 Name Resolution Rulespro 12:17
- 8 Using Functions from Another Namespacepro 16:37
- 10 Class Basicspro 12:20
- 11 Practical Example: Convert from Prefixingpro 10:08
- 12 Real World Example: Convert from Prefixingpro 06:14
- 13 Architecture - Building in Packages and Modulespro 08:59
- 14 PHP Examples - Laravel & Symfonypro 02:50
- 15 Wrap it Upfree 07:42