Let’s put your name skills to use. In this episode, you will convert the supplied plugin from prefixing to PHP namespacing. The best way to learn this is to start where you are, i.e. in prefixing, and walk through step-by-step the process of making a plugin namespaced.
You’ll change callbacks, use the magic constant
__NAMESPACE__. You’ll remove the namespacing. Step-by-step. Let’s do this together.
Once upon a time, there was a developer... You! This is going to be a good story...
Total Lab Runtime: 02:25:26
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 02:59
- 2 What and Why of Namespacingfree 20:15
- 3 Why Namespacing instead of Prefixing?free 12:39
- 4 The Basicspro 17:36
- 5 Fully Qualified Namingpro 06:50
- 6 Callbacks and Namespacingpro 08:00
- 7 Name Resolution Rulespro 12:17
- 8 Using Functions from Another Namespacepro 16:37
- 10 Class Basicspro 12:20
- 11 Practical Example: Convert from Prefixingpro 10:08
- 12 Real World Example: Convert from Prefixingpro 06:14
- 13 Architecture - Building in Packages and Modulespro 08:59
- 14 PHP Examples - Laravel & Symfonypro 02:50
- 15 Wrap it Upfree 07:42