Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Real World Example: Convert from Prefixing
Lab: Ins and Outs of PHP Namespace for WordPress
Video Runtime: 06:14
Next, let’s take a real world plugin and convert it from prefixing to namespacing. Let’s convert Tom McFarlin’s Easier Excerpts plugin. You can install this plugin within the WordPress back end by going to Plugins > Add New and then type in Easier Excerpts. In this episode, you will walk through the steps to remove the prefixing, add in the namespacing, and provide better function naming that starts with a verb.
Your best friend is code, Tonya is making the introductions.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:25:26
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 02:59
- 2 What and Why of Namespacingfree 20:15
- 3 Why Namespacing instead of Prefixing?free 12:39
- 4 The Basicspro 17:36
- 5 Fully Qualified Namingpro 06:50
- 6 Callbacks and Namespacingpro 08:00
- 7 Name Resolution Rulespro 12:17
- 8 Using Functions from Another Namespacepro 16:37
- 10 Class Basicspro 12:20
- 11 Practical Example: Convert from Prefixingpro 10:08
- 12 Real World Example: Convert from Prefixingpro 06:14
- 13 Architecture - Building in Packages and Modulespro 08:59
- 14 PHP Examples - Laravel & Symfonypro 02:50
- 15 Wrap it Upfree 07:42