As you build your PHP expertise, you will likely grow into other frameworks and applications outside of WordPress. Laravel and Symfony are two awesome frameworks. Many times, you can pull in the modules and packages from their libraries even into a WordPress application. Yes, that’s how well these frameworks are built.
Let’s take a quick look at the namespacing in each of these frameworks to show you how it’s used in the wild. You can also take a look at code construction and architecture too, i.e. to further your software building skills.
There’s a time to code and …. yup, that sums it up.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:25:26
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 02:59
- 2 What and Why of Namespacingfree 20:15
- 3 Why Namespacing instead of Prefixing?free 12:39
- 4 The Basicspro 17:36
- 5 Fully Qualified Namingpro 06:50
- 6 Callbacks and Namespacingpro 08:00
- 7 Name Resolution Rulespro 12:17
- 8 Using Functions from Another Namespacepro 16:37
- 10 Class Basicspro 12:20
- 11 Practical Example: Convert from Prefixingpro 10:08
- 12 Real World Example: Convert from Prefixingpro 06:14
- 13 Architecture - Building in Packages and Modulespro 08:59
- 14 PHP Examples - Laravel & Symfonypro 02:50
- 15 Wrap it Upfree 07:42