Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Fully Qualified Naming
Lab: Ins and Outs of PHP Namespace for WordPress
Video Runtime: 06:50
To help you master the concept of “fully qualified naming,” let’s take a look at what each function’s name is. You will use the magic constant
__FUNCTION__. It returns the fully qualified name of the function, which includes the namespace if one exists.
Keep It Simple, Stupid (KISS) - the best kiss you'll get in code.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:25:26
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 02:59
- 2 What and Why of Namespacingfree 20:15
- 3 Why Namespacing instead of Prefixing?free 12:39
- 4 The Basicspro 17:36
- 5 Fully Qualified Namingpro 06:50
- 6 Callbacks and Namespacingpro 08:00
- 7 Name Resolution Rulespro 12:17
- 8 Using Functions from Another Namespacepro 16:37
- 10 Class Basicspro 12:20
- 11 Practical Example: Convert from Prefixingpro 10:08
- 12 Real World Example: Convert from Prefixingpro 06:14
- 13 Architecture - Building in Packages and Modulespro 08:59
- 14 PHP Examples - Laravel & Symfonypro 02:50
- 15 Wrap it Upfree 07:42