Let’s query the posts database table by writing some SQL within your favorite GUI, i.e. phpMyAdmin or Sequel Pro. We’ll walk through the SQL commands and how to grab information that is conditional upon some value.
Your query will be:
|WHERE ID < 8;|
Then you’ll adapt the query to grab more information.
If you listen carefully, you can hear the 1s and 0s flowing in your computer.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:08:59
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 05:17
- 2 The Big Picturepro 14:35
- 3 Your First SQL Querypro 12:21
- 4 WordPress to Database Relationshippro 20:20
- 5 Filter Content with WHEREpro 08:24
- 6 Table Alias with ASpro 05:08
- 7 Defining Table Structure (Schema)pro 12:17
- 8 Create a New Database Tablepro 10:23
- 9 WordPress Schemapro 05:11
- 10 Exploring WordPress Queries with Query Monitorpro 07:14
- 11 SQL to Get a Custom Fieldpro 16:41
- 12 SQL to Update Custom Fieldpro 05:14
- 13 Wrap it Upfree 05:54