In the last episode, you created a new custom database table. In this episode, you will see where WordPress Core defines the schema for all of its predefined database tables. You will find the schema in
wp-admin/includes/schema.php. Let’s take a look at it.
Let’s talk about a use case for you. Let’s say you are creating a plugin that needs a custom database table. When do you load the schema?
Hey... hey you... yes you!... Having a good time? Learning new things? Good!
Total Lab Runtime: 02:08:59
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 05:17
- 2 The Big Picturepro 14:35
- 3 Your First SQL Querypro 12:21
- 4 WordPress to Database Relationshippro 20:20
- 5 Filter Content with WHEREpro 08:24
- 6 Table Alias with ASpro 05:08
- 7 Defining Table Structure (Schema)pro 12:17
- 8 Create a New Database Tablepro 10:23
- 9 WordPress Schemapro 05:11
- 10 Exploring WordPress Queries with Query Monitorpro 07:14
- 11 SQL to Get a Custom Fieldpro 16:41
- 12 SQL to Update Custom Fieldpro 05:14
- 13 Wrap it Upfree 05:54