Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Video Runtime: 04:14
$ does not have context and does not natively mean jQuery. It can also stand for Mootools and any value. You need to specifically initialize jQuery to the
$ variable. Let’s talk about it in relationship to the IIFE. I’ll show you how to pass jQuery into the IIFE (yes, you can pass in objects) and then assign it to the variable for use within the IIFE’s scope.
Once upon a time, there was a developer... You! This is going to be a good story...
Total Lab Runtime: 02:32:33
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 10:05
- 2 Document Object Model (DOM)free 08:23
- 3 Select Elements from the DOMfree 13:48
- 4 The Why of jQueryfree 04:46
- 5 Variablespro 14:42
- 6 Traverse the DOMpro 17:08
- 7 Basic Animation Effectspro 09:16
- 8 Data Typespro 15:44
- 9 Basic Eventspro 09:53
- 10 Loading Scriptspro 10:47
- 11 Declaring Functionspro 05:28
- 12 Meet the IIFEpro 09:03
- 13 jQuery's $pro 04:14
- 14 Scopepro 09:44
- 15 Cachingpro 03:34
- 16 Wrap It Uppro 05:58