Why would you want to use a library like jQuery? Why? It’s all about rapid web development. Libraries and frameworks allow you to write less code, which reduces your development time and costs. Let’s talk about the why of libraries like jQuery.
Type less code. Less code means less you need to maintain and the faster you can test and deploy your code. It reduces your costs.
But there’s a catch. Ready? You have to be smart about the third party plugins, libraries, and frameworks that you use. Why? These are dependencies, meaning your website and client are now dependent upon the code and its team keeping them up and running. You made the website dependent upon that code being stable, secure, and compatible with your code.
Be smart. Work smarter. Be smartly productive (yup, I just made that up).
Once upon a time, there was a developer... You! This is going to be a good story...
Total Lab Runtime: 02:32:33
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 10:05
- 2 Document Object Model (DOM)free 08:23
- 3 Select Elements from the DOMfree 13:48
- 4 The Why of jQueryfree 04:46
- 5 Variablespro 14:42
- 6 Traverse the DOMpro 17:08
- 7 Basic Animation Effectspro 09:16
- 8 Data Typespro 15:44
- 9 Basic Eventspro 09:53
- 10 Loading Scriptspro 10:47
- 11 Declaring Functionspro 05:28
- 12 Meet the IIFEpro 09:03
- 13 jQuery's $pro 04:14
- 14 Scopepro 09:44
- 15 Cachingpro 03:34
- 16 Wrap It Uppro 05:58