The common way to start in WordPress is to take a theme, modify some styles, and then copy some piece of code to customize a feature. Far too many people skip the elementary fundamentals which are the critical foundations of programming. In this hands on lab, you will be introduced to programming including learning about the intent of code, syntax, differences in languages, and more.
You will need to have your local development machine setup and ready to go. See the series prerequisites for more details. In addition, you will to complete the first installment in the series: Introduction to WordPress Development.
Required Skill Level
This lab is for the beginner or anyone who needs to build his/her fundamental web development skills and knowledge. We assume that you do not know anything about web development and start at the beginning.
Still Under Construction
This lab is in construction and is coming in 2017.
Total Video Runtime: 0:00:00 and growing
- 1Lab Introductionfree0:00
- 2The Why of Programmingfree0:00
- 3Big Picture of Computersfree0:00
- 4Visualizing the Stepsfree0:00
- 5Pseudo Codefree0:00
- 7The Why of Syntaxfree0:00
- 8Code in Multiple Languagesfree0:00
- 9First Lines of Codefree0:00
- 10Coding Your First Web Pagefree0:00
- 11Wrap it Upfree4:09