Unlock your potential with a Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Building the HTML View File
Lab: Let’s Build a Blog Intro Custom Plugin
Video Runtime: 09:32
It’s time to build out the HTML structure and put it into the view. What is a view? Why do you want to use it?
Let’s talk about the qualities of clean, quality code. You will also learn about how to load the view as well as the variable scope. To learn more about variable scope and including files, go to the PHP Variables Bootcamp.
Whoever says that coding is hard, just smack them.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:56:19
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 03:25
- 2 Plugin Architecturefree 04:59
- 3 Convert the Basic WordPress Plugin into a Blog Intro Pluginbasic 11:46
- 4 Turn on the Editorbasic 12:47
- 5 How Does WordPress Turn off the Editor?pro 12:00
- 6 Locating Where to Insert the Content in Your Themebasic 07:34
- 7 Genesis Posts Page Archivepro 09:39
- 8 Genesis Before Loop Event genesis_before_looppro 05:11
- 9 Render (Display) the Contentsbasic 06:01
- 10 How to Ensure It's Posts Page?basic 12:05
- 11 Let's Look in Core at is_homepro 11:41
- 12 Refactor Getting the Posts Pagebasic 08:58
- 13 Let's Look in Core at get_post - Part 1pro 13:42
- 14 Let's Look in Core at get_post - Part 2pro 04:10
- 15 Sanitize the Contentspro 10:14
- 16 Sanitize with get_postpro 10:56
- 17 Prepare the Contents for the Browserbasic 05:18
- 18 Building the HTML View Filebasic 09:32
- 19 Master Tip: Why Use a View?pro 05:01
- 20 Remove Genesis Page Titlebasic 05:12
- 21 Master Tip: How Did I Know to Use after_theme_setup?pro 02:37
- 22 Wrap it Upfree 03:31