What is a DocBlock?
Lab: Let’s Build a WordPress Starter Sandbox Plugin
Video Runtime: 07:24
What is a DocBlock? In this video, I’ll take you to phpDocumentor and discuss what a DocBlock is, as well as why you want to follow this PHP documenting standard. Then you’ll go to the WordPress PHP coding standard for contributing to core.
The reasons why you want to learn how to properly document your code using PHP DocBlock are:
- Human readability – you and anyone else can read your code. You are able to read other people’s code. You know what it requires and what to expect from it when you call that function or method.
- Code – the standard lets you read the DocBlocks in order to do processing.
You get WET when you swim. Stay DRY when you code.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:01:34
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 04:32
- 2 Plugin File and Folder Structurefree 04:07
- 3 Plugin Header DocBlockfree 06:56
- 4 What is a DocBlock?free 07:24
- 5 Setup Composer in Your Pluginfree 11:13
- 6 Introduction to Kintfree 09:34
- 7 Introduction to Whoopsfree 05:28
- 8 Let's Test It Outfree 12:20