NOTE: There is currently NO VIDEO for this episode.
At this point, you have the child theme loading before the Genesis framework. When you need to unregister default callbacks, nothing is going to happen. Why? Because Genesis has not loaded yet. Therefore, the callbacks are not registered in the WordPress event registry table. They get registered when Genesis runs
You need to make a change then to adjust the theme.
You will grow in this profession when you incrementally and systematically stretch yourself....bit-by-bit.
Total Lab Runtime: 03:59:03
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 05:01
- 2 What the Heck is Modularity?free 13:12
- 3 The Why of Clean Codefree 12:47
- 4 Laying Out the Theme's Architecture - Part 1pro 09:04
- 5 Laying Out the Theme's Architecture - Part 2pro 10:34
- 6 Slicing Up the Sample Theme's functions.phppro 06:44
- 7 Initialization Tasks - Theme Constantspro 14:47
- 8 Initialization Tasks - Directory Constantspro 05:49
- 9 Setup Taskspro 38:00
- 10 Refactoring Theme Supportspro 08:01
- 11 Refactoring Image Sizespro 03:52
- 12 Genesis Structural Componentspro 05:10
- 13 Load Assets (Enqueue)pro 05:56
- 14 Theme Customizer Filespro 15:43
- 15 Theme Settings Defaultspro 06:34
- 16 Autoload Modulespro 11:19
- 17 Unregister Default Genesis Callbackspro 00:00
- 18 Test & Wrap it Uppro 06:30