Let’s walk through the Genesis Sample Theme’s
functions.php file and group like tasks, as you are preparing to move them into the appropriate files in your new starter theme.
New Updates to Sample Theme
Remember, this lab uses version 2.2.4 of the Sample Theme. The new one has new files for the included WooCommerce module. You can integrate that module yourself later once you get your theme setup and finish this lab.
Hands off the keyboard. Web development starts by thinking first, then planning it out, and then coding it.
Total Lab Runtime: 03:59:03
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 05:01
- 2 What the Heck is Modularity?free 13:12
- 3 The Why of Clean Codefree 12:47
- 4 Laying Out the Theme's Architecture - Part 1pro 09:04
- 5 Laying Out the Theme's Architecture - Part 2pro 10:34
- 6 Slicing Up the Sample Theme's functions.phppro 06:44
- 7 Initialization Tasks - Theme Constantspro 14:47
- 8 Initialization Tasks - Directory Constantspro 05:49
- 9 Setup Taskspro 38:00
- 10 Refactoring Theme Supportspro 08:01
- 11 Refactoring Image Sizespro 03:52
- 12 Genesis Structural Componentspro 05:10
- 13 Load Assets (Enqueue)pro 05:56
- 14 Theme Customizer Filespro 15:43
- 15 Theme Settings Defaultspro 06:34
- 16 Autoload Modulespro 11:19
- 17 Unregister Default Genesis Callbackspro 00:00
- 18 Test & Wrap it Uppro 06:30