Just like we discussed in converting to a modular PHP theme architecture, modularity applies to everything you build in code, including your stylesheets and CSS. What are the benefits to you? Why would you want to write your styles in a modular fashion?
It does the following for you:
- Saves you time
- Increases the quality of your code and product
- Reduces errors
What does that mean for you?
- Takes you less time to produce solutions, meaning a lower product cost and time to market.
- Makes you more in demand, marketable, and valuable.
- That means you can make more moola.
Let’s talk about the why of modular CSS.
Who needs copy/paste? Right. Writing code from scratch is fun!
Total Lab Runtime: 02:16:49
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 02:17
- 2 The Why of Modular CSSfree 11:50
- 3 The How - Meet Sassfree 08:15
- 4 Overview of the Theme's Sass Architecturepro 08:39
- 5 Layout the Sass File Structurepro 17:14
- 6 Color Variablespro 10:11
- 7 Start Migrating the Stylesheet to Sasspro 11:43
- 8 Migrate Structure and Layoutpro 10:18
- 9 Migrate Common Classespro 04:34
- 10 Migrate Widgetspro 08:43
- 11 Migrate Pluginspro 08:12
- 12 Migrate Skip Linkspro 02:24
- 13 Migrate Site Headerpro 10:09
- 14 Migrate Site Navigationpro 07:34
- 15 Migrate Content & Sidebarspro 06:37
- 16 Migrate Site Footer & Widgetspro 03:08
- 17 Handling Media Queriespro 05:01
- 18 Wrap it Upfree 00:00