Let’s explore the strategy of automatically calculating dimensions based upon a base width. By setting a base width, you calculate the content and sidebar widths as well as all of the responsive widths. This episode walks you through the calculations and gets you thinking about how you can take the next step once you feel more comfortable with Sass.
Why? Why would you want to do this?
Automatically generating dimensions will save you a lot of time and the frustration of figuring out all the dimensions manually when you adjust the maximum width of the theme. Saving you time saves you moola, frustrations, and errors.
Writing your code to do calculations is the next step in efficiency for you.Learning how to do #Sass calculations to speed up my styling time. #genesiswp Click To Tweet
You get WET when you swim. Stay DRY when you code.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:15:35
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 01:14
- 2 Site Containers & Max Widthpro 20:20
- 3 Finish Up Site Inner & Wrappro 04:50
- 4 Content Sidebar Containerspro 11:47
- 5 Calculate Widths with Sasspro 10:21
- 6 Sidebars and Wrapspro 08:30
- 7 Neat Columnspro 07:00
- 8 Finishing the Column Classespro 06:20
- 9 Finish, Git Commit, and Wrappro 05:13