Unlock your potential with a Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Lab: PHP Variables Bootcamp
Video Runtime: 08:24
Let’s talk about variable scope. Scope defines how and where you can access and use variables. It relates to memory. A variable within a function belongs to that function. Scoping is like a gatekeeper. It protects our code from other functions and code, to ensure we have control. It protects our variable naming to avoid naming conflicts.
What defines scope? Do instructions have scope, such as
Your best friend is code, Tonya is making the introductions.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:50:52
- 1 PHP Variables Introductionfree 03:44
- 2 PHP Variables Intent and Namingfree 12:43
- 3 Variable Scopebasic 08:24
- 4 Function Parametersbasic 08:46
- 5 Variable - PHP Internalspro 11:08
- 6 Global Variablesbasic 09:10
- 7 Global Variables - PHP Internalspro 02:52
- 8 Static Variablesbasic 13:05
- 9 Static Variables - PHP Internalspro 05:01
- 10 Passing Variables By Referencepro 10:04
- 11 Passing Variables By Reference - PHP Internalspro 08:01
- 12 Namespacingbasic 01:37
- 13 Variable Scope When Including Filesbasic 08:24
- 14 Type Jugglingbasic 07:53