The first step in my four-step problem-solving process is to identify the expected versus actual behavior. You simply write down everything that you see which is different from what is working versus what is not working, as well as what you expected to occur versus what actually occurred. It’s literally a process of pulling out your notebook and writing down the differences. Even the most minute detail needs to be recorded. Why? Because it may be a clue to help you find, understand, and resolve the true root cause.
In this episode, you and I will walk through this process by looking at the code as well as the actual HTML markup.
Once upon a time, there was a developer... You! This is going to be a good story...
Total Lab Runtime: 01:16:42
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 02:47
- 2 Quick Explanationfree 10:13
- 3 Identify the Expected vs. Actual Behaviorbasic 05:28
- 4 Evaluate the Contributing Factorsbasic 12:40
- 5 Evaluate the Contributing Factors - Part 2basic 04:08
- 6 Putting in Our First Testspro 06:24
- 7 Fine-Tuning Our Testspro 08:40
- 8 Analyzing the Cluespro 12:36
- 9 The Root Causepro 09:06
- 10 Make it More Performant & Wrap it Uppro 04:40