The next step is to evaluate all of the contributing factors in order to determine where to start testing. Ok. It requires first that we figure out how the code is working, or how we think it’s working. In this episode, I’ll walk you through the process, explain the code, and give you a refresher on the event registry system that the WordPress Plugin API provides.
Now if you haven’t already gone through the event registry videos, you need to do that now. Here are the links to get you up to speed. Please note: It is vital that you understand the event registry system as it is the key to customizing WordPress. Period.
You will grow in this profession when you incrementally and systematically stretch yourself....bit-by-bit.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:16:42
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 02:47
- 2 Quick Explanationfree 10:13
- 3 Identify the Expected vs. Actual Behaviorbasic 05:28
- 4 Evaluate the Contributing Factorsbasic 12:40
- 5 Evaluate the Contributing Factors - Part 2basic 04:08
- 6 Putting in Our First Testspro 06:24
- 7 Fine-Tuning Our Testspro 08:40
- 8 Analyzing the Cluespro 12:36
- 9 The Root Causepro 09:06
- 10 Make it More Performant & Wrap it Uppro 04:40