At this point, the clues are telling us about the anomaly. Do you see it? The data you see in your browser is clearly telling you “Hey Silly, the problem is right here.” Let’s see if you can figure out what the root cause is from the clues at this point in the lab. It’s time to analyze the clues.
In order to understand what they are telling you, first, you need to visualize in your mind the order in which things are happening in the code, how PHP is executing, and when stuff is getting put into the Event Registry table. Our first step then is to flowchart out the sequence of stuff. This exercise will help you to understand the why of what is happening.
In this episode, you are getting a deeper dive into what is going on as well as a deeper understanding what files and functions are being called when and in what order including WordPress Core, Genesis, and your child theme.
You get WET when you swim. Stay DRY when you code.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:16:42
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 02:47
- 2 Quick Explanationfree 10:13
- 3 Identify the Expected vs. Actual Behaviorbasic 05:28
- 4 Evaluate the Contributing Factorsbasic 12:40
- 5 Evaluate the Contributing Factors - Part 2basic 04:08
- 6 Putting in Our First Testspro 06:24
- 7 Fine-Tuning Our Testspro 08:40
- 8 Analyzing the Cluespro 12:36
- 9 The Root Causepro 09:06
- 10 Make it More Performant & Wrap it Uppro 04:40