If we run our code as it is right now, the meta boxes did not appear. Why? Because we only configured what was different in the Portfolio and Subtitle configuration models. We need to merge each of those with the default configuration parameters. Let’s do that in this episode.
You’ll be using the PHP function
array_replace_recursive to merge all levels within our multidimensional arrays.
When you get done with this episode, both custom meta boxes will now render for a post. WooHoo!! Pat yourself on the back, as you did a lot of work to get to this point.
Keep going as we have more work to do on the Save task and making the get all keys reusable.
There’s a time to code and …. yup, that sums it up.
Total Lab Runtime: 04:38:42
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 13:01
- 2 Add Another Meta Box - Portfoliopro 11:05
- 3 Code Review - Repeating Patternspro 07:17
- 4 The Reusable Mindsetfree 07:52
- 5 Separating Implementation from Business Logicfree 06:31
- 6 Plan It Outpro 06:35
- 7 Laying Out the Architecturepro 08:16
- 8 Configuration Model - Add Parameterspro 11:58
- 9 Configuration Model - Render Parameterspro 10:36
- 10 Configuration Model - Save Parameterspro 07:23
- 11 The Implementation Configurationspro 08:33
- 12 Fix the Config Modelpro 01:53
- 13 Architect the ConfigStore - Part 1pro 07:33
- 14 Architect the ConfigStore - Part 2pro 13:34
- 15 Loading the Configuration into the Storepro 16:04
- 16 Get Configuration or Parameter from the Storepro 12:43
- 17 Wire Meta Box to the ConfigStorepro 13:03
- 18 Merging Configuration with the Defaultspro 10:50
- 19 Get Only the Meta Box Keys From ConfigStorepro 22:29
- 20 Rethink the Save Functionalitypro 07:58
- 21 Is it Okay to Save?pro 05:41
- 22 Remap Custom Fields Config for Savepro 11:54
- 23 Fix the Default Mergepro 18:03
- 24 Walk Through & Test Our Save Functionpro 08:53
- 25 Improving the Renderpro 09:30
- 26 Optimization, Review, & Housekeepingpro 10:13
- 27 Wrap it Upfree 09:14