To make our save functionality reusable, we need to remap our custom fields’ configurations to rearrange and group them into defaults, delete state, and sanitizer function. Although you could do it in the configuration model itself, that requires you to be redundant, repeating the meta key over and over. Don’t do that. Instead, let’s build a function that programmatically remaps (rearranges) what we need for our save by grouping the keys together.
This is a common software task.
This is a common task you’ll do in programming. There are times when the input you receive needs to be reformatted before you can work on it. Let’s walk through the thought process and then build it together.
Keep It Simple, Stupid (KISS) - the best kiss you'll get in code.
Total Lab Runtime: 04:38:42
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 13:01
- 2 Add Another Meta Box - Portfoliopro 11:05
- 3 Code Review - Repeating Patternspro 07:17
- 4 The Reusable Mindsetfree 07:52
- 5 Separating Implementation from Business Logicfree 06:31
- 6 Plan It Outpro 06:35
- 7 Laying Out the Architecturepro 08:16
- 8 Configuration Model - Add Parameterspro 11:58
- 9 Configuration Model - Render Parameterspro 10:36
- 10 Configuration Model - Save Parameterspro 07:23
- 11 The Implementation Configurationspro 08:33
- 12 Fix the Config Modelpro 01:53
- 13 Architect the ConfigStore - Part 1pro 07:33
- 14 Architect the ConfigStore - Part 2pro 13:34
- 15 Loading the Configuration into the Storepro 16:04
- 16 Get Configuration or Parameter from the Storepro 12:43
- 17 Wire Meta Box to the ConfigStorepro 13:03
- 18 Merging Configuration with the Defaultspro 10:50
- 19 Get Only the Meta Box Keys From ConfigStorepro 22:29
- 20 Rethink the Save Functionalitypro 07:58
- 21 Is it Okay to Save?pro 05:41
- 22 Remap Custom Fields Config for Savepro 11:54
- 23 Fix the Default Mergepro 18:03
- 24 Walk Through & Test Our Save Functionpro 08:53
- 25 Improving the Renderpro 09:30
- 26 Optimization, Review, & Housekeepingpro 10:13
- 27 Wrap it Upfree 09:14