As you are developing your Reusable Mindset, I want you to think about implementation and business logic. More specifically, think about how to separate a specific implementation from the business logic. This design pattern makes your code reusable.
For example, in our project, we have 2 custom meta boxes. Yet, both are using the same code. Imagine pulling the implementation out of the code and abstracting it into a configuration file. Now imagine that our business logic is rebuilt to accept a configuration file and then it processes it.
Why? In doing so, our business logic is built once. It accepts the implementation via a configuration file. We can customize our projects by configuring each meta box implementation and building a view file. But the business logic to add/register, render, and save is the same and not repeated.
Watch the video. Shift your mindset to separating implementation from business logic in your project’s architecture. Then we’ll build it in this lab to show you how to put into practice for yourself.
There’s a time to code and …. yup, that sums it up.
Total Lab Runtime: 04:38:42
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 13:01
- 2 Add Another Meta Box - Portfoliopro 11:05
- 3 Code Review - Repeating Patternspro 07:17
- 4 The Reusable Mindsetfree 07:52
- 5 Separating Implementation from Business Logicfree 06:31
- 6 Plan It Outpro 06:35
- 7 Laying Out the Architecturepro 08:16
- 8 Configuration Model - Add Parameterspro 11:58
- 9 Configuration Model - Render Parameterspro 10:36
- 10 Configuration Model - Save Parameterspro 07:23
- 11 The Implementation Configurationspro 08:33
- 12 Fix the Config Modelpro 01:53
- 13 Architect the ConfigStore - Part 1pro 07:33
- 14 Architect the ConfigStore - Part 2pro 13:34
- 15 Loading the Configuration into the Storepro 16:04
- 16 Get Configuration or Parameter from the Storepro 12:43
- 17 Wire Meta Box to the ConfigStorepro 13:03
- 18 Merging Configuration with the Defaultspro 10:50
- 19 Get Only the Meta Box Keys From ConfigStorepro 22:29
- 20 Rethink the Save Functionalitypro 07:58
- 21 Is it Okay to Save?pro 05:41
- 22 Remap Custom Fields Config for Savepro 11:54
- 23 Fix the Default Mergepro 18:03
- 24 Walk Through & Test Our Save Functionpro 08:53
- 25 Improving the Renderpro 09:30
- 26 Optimization, Review, & Housekeepingpro 10:13
- 27 Wrap it Upfree 09:14