Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Git Commit – Store & Document a Snapshot
Lab: Simply Git: Barebones. No Fluff. Essentials.
Video Runtime: 09:54
Next, let’s dive into the
git commit command. We’ll also talk about writing a more verbose commit message using the text editor.
If you need to configure git to pop open your text editor of choice, click here for Mac or here for Windows.
Your functions are bloated. Put them on a diet. Think "skinny" and "as few lines as possible."
Total Lab Runtime: 02:55:39
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 06:10
- 2 What is Git?free 24:09
- 3 The Big Picturefree 16:30
- 4 3 Locals - Working, Staging, & Storagefree 14:38
- 5 Git Init - Put New Project into Version Controlpro 12:15
- 6 Original Theme Snapshot - Your First Commitfree 10:56
- 7 Git Add - Stage Small Changesfree 16:29
- 8 Git Commit - Store & Document a Snapshotpro 09:54
- 9 Git Status - View State of Working & Stagingpro 10:26
- 10 Git Log - View Historypro 20:29
- 11 Unstage Changespro 07:16
- 12 Rollback Changes in Working Directorypro 15:05
- 13 Fix the Last Commit Messagepro 02:39
- 14 Add More Changes to Last Commitpro 02:44
- 15 Uncommit Last Commitpro 03:32
- 16 Git Diff - View Differencespro 02:27