Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Add a New Post Type Feature
Lab: WordPress Built-in Post Type Basics
Video Runtime: 08:58
WordPress gives you the ability to add post type features to existing (registered) post types. You can add any of the built-in features as well as create your own. Why? Why would you want to do this? Maybe your project needs to add one of the features to an existing post type that is either in WordPress Core or some other plugin such as WooCommerce, Ninja Forms, bbPress, BuddyPress, or others. Or maybe you want to add a new one, such as the Genesis framework does.
In this episode, you’ll add new features to post and page. And then you’ll look at how Genesis adds new features. You’ll use these WordPress constructs:
Don’t repeat yourself. Don’t repeat yourself. Don’t repeat yourself.
Total Lab Runtime: 00:49:58
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 01:54
- 2 What is a Post Type?free 12:25
- 3 Get the Registered Post Typespro 14:06
- 4 What are Post Type Features?pro 03:52
- 5 Add a New Post Type Featurepro 08:58
- 6 Remove a Post Type Featurepro 04:05
- 7 What is a Hierarchy?pro 03:16
- 8 Wrap it Uppro 01:22