Unlock your potential with a Pro Membership
Here is where you propel your career forward. Come join us today. Learn more.
Dive into WordPress Core
Lab: WordPress Built-in Taxonomy Basics
Video Runtime: 03:17
To better understand how you get the taxonomies, let’s go look in WordPress Core. You’ll look at
get_taxonomies() which is in
wp-includes/taxonomy.php. You’ll discover that this construct is merely using the global variable
$wp_taxonomies and filtering what you want to view.
You will grow in this profession when you incrementally and systematically stretch yourself....bit-by-bit.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:17:16
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 02:17
- 2 What is a Taxonomy?free 10:12
- 3 What are Terms?free 08:53
- 4 Relationship Between Post, Taxonomy, & Termspro 14:22
- 5 Get the Registered Taxonomiespro 15:35
- 6 Dive into WordPress Corepro 03:17
- 7 Get the Terms for a Taxonomypro 08:19
- 8 Get the Taxonomies for a Post Typepro 02:50
- 9 Archive for Taxonomy or Termpro 04:14
- 10 Explore Other Functionspro 07:17