In this lab, you and I are going to continue building the Team Bios plugin that we did in the Custom Post Type Basics lab. We’ll add a custom taxonomy to it to provide a grouping for the departments.
The first step then is to get the Team Bios plugin installed into your sandbox project. If you don’t already have it from the previous lab, no worries as you clone it from this GitHub repository. I walk you through the process in the video, step-by-step:
- Open up your sandbox project and navigate in terminal to the
- Copy the clone SSH link from GitHub
- Then type:
git clone email@example.com:KnowTheCode/Custom-Post-Type-Basics-Lab.git
- Rename the directory to
- Rename the
- Add a
- Copy the
index.phpinto each folder.
Then we change the
README.md file to reflect our new plugin and repository. You will want to create a GitHub repository with your account and then push this plugin to it.
Then we talk about what we are doing in the lab.
Code. Eat. Code. Sleep. Dream about Code. Code.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:30:53
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 08:15
- 2 Custom Taxonomy - The What, Why, and Whenfree 08:32
- 3 Registering a Custom Taxonomypro 09:54
- 4 Configure the Labelspro 14:51
- 5 Bind to Post Typespro 11:55
- 6 Configuring Argumentspro 07:52
- 7 Render Entry Footer Termspro 08:40
- 8 PHP 101: Concatenating Assignment Operatorpro 02:26
- 9 PHP 101: Building Stringspro 08:19
- 10 Test Entry Footer Termspro 03:03
- 11 Flush Rewrite Rulespro 03:56
- 12 Wrap it Uppro 03:10