Way to go! You just built a new feature into your Team Bios plugin. You learned how easy it is to configure and register custom taxonomy. You learned how to bind it to multiple post types. You even got a couple of lessons in PHP string building.
Whew, you did it! Now let’s push your new plugin up to your GitHub repository. We will continue building this plugin in other labs including adding custom fields (metadata) and meta boxes to it for team attributes like title, social media links, etc.WooHoo! I just built a Team Bios plugin and #WordPress custom taxonomy. Click To Tweet
You did it! Excellent job! Bam, you now are empowered and know how easy it is to configure and register custom taxonomy. WooHoo! Way to go.
In this hands-on lab, you and I will walk through the entire process of adding a new feature to an existing WordPress plugin. You'll start with the Collapsible Content plugin and then add a FAQ feature to it. This feature will require you to plan, think, and execute building a custom post type, custom taxonomy, advanced SQL queries, custom archive, and shortcode.
Check out the WordPress Fundamentals Library for more hands-on labs, insights, Docx, and more.
Check out the series page for more labs: WordPress Built-in and Custom Taxonomies and Terms Series
You will grow in this profession when you incrementally and systematically stretch yourself....bit-by-bit.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:30:53
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 08:15
- 2 Custom Taxonomy - The What, Why, and Whenfree 08:32
- 3 Registering a Custom Taxonomypro 09:54
- 4 Configure the Labelspro 14:51
- 5 Bind to Post Typespro 11:55
- 6 Configuring Argumentspro 07:52
- 7 Render Entry Footer Termspro 08:40
- 8 PHP 101: Concatenating Assignment Operatorpro 02:26
- 9 PHP 101: Building Stringspro 08:19
- 10 Test Entry Footer Termspro 03:03
- 11 Flush Rewrite Rulespro 03:56
- 12 Wrap it Uppro 03:10