WooHoo!! You did it! Great job! Let’s review what you learned in this lab:
- Custom field is the same thing as post metadata, metadata, and post meta.
- Custom field refers to the interface, such as a form.
- Post metadata refers to the code and database.
- You can use the built-in meta box to add, update, and delete custom fields in the back-end.
- WordPress provides functionality to get, update, add, and delete metadata programmatically in your theme or plugin.
Who needs copy/paste? Right. Writing code from scratch is fun!
Total Lab Runtime: 02:03:31
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 09:52
- 2 What is a Custom Field?free 15:55
- 3 What is a Meta Box?free 06:24
- 4 Project: Add a Subtitlepro 07:16
- 5 The Databasepro 11:48
- 6 Get Subtitle Post Metadatapro 15:26
- 7 Add Subtitle to Genesis Themepro 12:19
- 8 Update an Existing Custom Fieldpro 17:15
- 9 Add a New Custom Fieldpro 07:19
- 10 Delete a Custom Fieldpro 10:13
- 11 More Custom Field Functionspro 06:25
- 12 Wrap it Upfree 03:19