If you work with Genesis-powered themes, like I do, then you need to modify your strategy a bit for adding in a subtitle to a single post type. Let’s walk through it together as well as explore the Genesis codebase.
Genesis builds the post’s title HTML structure in the
lib/structure/post.php file in the function
genesis_do_post_title(). This function is a registered callback to the event
add_action( 'genesis_entry_header', 'genesis_do_post_title' );
Let’s look at this code and how it builds the post title’s HTML.
Whoever says that coding is hard, just smack them.
Total Lab Runtime: 02:03:31
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 09:52
- 2 What is a Custom Field?free 15:55
- 3 What is a Meta Box?free 06:24
- 4 Project: Add a Subtitlepro 07:16
- 5 The Databasepro 11:48
- 6 Get Subtitle Post Metadatapro 15:26
- 7 Add Subtitle to Genesis Themepro 12:19
- 8 Update an Existing Custom Fieldpro 17:15
- 9 Add a New Custom Fieldpro 07:19
- 10 Delete a Custom Fieldpro 10:13
- 11 More Custom Field Functionspro 06:25
- 12 Wrap it Upfree 03:19