Let’s think about the architecture for this module. How are we going to break up the code into sub-modules, feature sets, and sub-functionality? In this episode, you and I are walking through how to break this module down into its components and keep it centered on a single intent or purpose.
How do you break things up and architect your plugins, frameworks, applications, etc.?
Focus on the intent and purpose. List out the big buckets of what you’re going to build. Then group the like items together into a logical order where each one supports the single intent of the grouping. Think in features, functionality, and views.Build your #WordPress plugin boilerplate. Use it. It saves you hours on every project! Click To Tweet
Sit down. Plan out your standard boilerplate or blueprint for your plugins. This is the standard scaffolding your team and you use on all of your projects. It’s your starting point for every single project. Then use it.
This tip will save you hours and hours of your valuable time on every single project. Why? You defined your standard. You built a scaffolding, your boilerplate and starting point. You increased your productivity. You can now quickly get to work and build your project’s needs.
Saving you money!
When you roll this tip into your workflow and processes, guess what happens? You will reduce your project costs. That’s money in your pocket! #RapidDevelopment
Psst, this one master tip just paid for your Pro membership. And it reduces your project costs. It just made you money! Let’s take a look.
3 hours of savings x $30/hour1 = $90/project of savings
1assumes your hourly rate is $30 per hour
Hands off the keyboard. Web development starts by thinking first, then planning it out, and then coding it.
Total Lab Runtime: 05:11:56
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 07:51
- 2 Planning it Outfree 11:05
- 3 Module Architecturepro 17:12
- 4 Build the Basic FAQ Custom Post Typepro 06:04
- 5 Configuring the Custom Post Type Labelspro 18:33
- 6 Configuring the Custom Post Type Feature Supportspro 07:23
- 7 Configuring the Custom Post Type Optionspro 11:27
- 8 Flushing the Rewritespro 09:44
- 9 Planning the Taxonomypro 04:54
- 10 Build the Taxonomypro 05:33
- 11 Taxonomy Label Generatorpro 14:23
- 12 Flush Rewrite Rules - Taxonomypro 05:36
- 13 Architecting the Archive Pagepro 11:14
- 14 Serve Archive Template from the Pluginpro 10:41
- 15 Let Theme Override Our Archive Templatepro 21:29
- 16 Build the Archivepro 11:09
- 17 Build the Archive Viewspro 13:23
- 18 Set the Order Within the Topicpro 03:44
- 19 Review and Commit Changespro 02:34
- 20 Architect the Shortcodepro 15:23
- 21 Build the Shortcode - Single FAQpro 21:19
- 22 Fixing the Architecturepro 08:00
- 23 Define a WP_Query for Topicpro 16:10
- 24 Continue Building the Shortcodepro 11:39
- 25 Finish by Topic Shortcodepro 08:51
- 26 Planning the Refactorpro 08:01
- 27 Refactor FAQ Modulepro 19:58
- 28 Test, Fix, Commit, and Wrappro 08:36