Out-of-the-box, when you register a custom post type, the feature supports are title and editor. That’s it. Hum, what if there are additional supports that you want, such as SEO or other custom ones from other plugins? If you have the Genesis framework installed, then it adds 3 feature supports. If you are using Yoast SEO, then it adds 1 feature supports. How do you specify these features when you build your plugin?
You use the configuration code that you wrote in Exclude Post Type Features episode, as part of the Custom Post Type Basics lab. That code is reusable without changing it. Let’s grab that for our project.
Then we’ll add the “page-attributes” feature to provide the ordering requirement that has been requested.
Here is the link to the dummy content I showed in the video.
Hey... hey you... yes you!... Having a good time? Learning new things? Good!
Total Lab Runtime: 05:11:56
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 07:51
- 2 Planning it Outfree 11:05
- 3 Module Architecturepro 17:12
- 4 Build the Basic FAQ Custom Post Typepro 06:04
- 5 Configuring the Custom Post Type Labelspro 18:33
- 6 Configuring the Custom Post Type Feature Supportspro 07:23
- 7 Configuring the Custom Post Type Optionspro 11:27
- 8 Flushing the Rewritespro 09:44
- 9 Planning the Taxonomypro 04:54
- 10 Build the Taxonomypro 05:33
- 11 Taxonomy Label Generatorpro 14:23
- 12 Flush Rewrite Rules - Taxonomypro 05:36
- 13 Architecting the Archive Pagepro 11:14
- 14 Serve Archive Template from the Pluginpro 10:41
- 15 Let Theme Override Our Archive Templatepro 21:29
- 16 Build the Archivepro 11:09
- 17 Build the Archive Viewspro 13:23
- 18 Set the Order Within the Topicpro 03:44
- 19 Review and Commit Changespro 02:34
- 20 Architect the Shortcodepro 15:23
- 21 Build the Shortcode - Single FAQpro 21:19
- 22 Fixing the Architecturepro 08:00
- 23 Define a WP_Query for Topicpro 16:10
- 24 Continue Building the Shortcodepro 11:39
- 25 Finish by Topic Shortcodepro 08:51
- 26 Planning the Refactorpro 08:01
- 27 Refactor FAQ Modulepro 19:58
- 28 Test, Fix, Commit, and Wrappro 08:36