When you have your child theme setup to use content but there is no content limit set, your client may use the
markup from within the WordPress MCE editor.
When this happens, the code from above will not change the read more link. Why? Because it uses a different filter event. In this episode, you will add another variation to the code to handle this particular setup.I just built real-world code to customize the #genesiswp read more link. Click To Tweet
Excellent job! You finished this lab and now have real-world code that you can use in any of your projects. You now know how to customize it for your specific needs. Plus you learned PHP, Genesis, WordPress, and how to think about code construction and clean, quality code. Way to Go!
Once upon a time, there was a developer... You! This is going to be a good story...
Total Lab Runtime: 01:27:22
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 04:20
- 2 Basic Code Overviewbasic 06:34
- 3 Markup & Code Setuppro 09:13
- 4 Let's Look at Genesis' Codepro 11:09
- 5 Let's Customize the HTML Markuppro 11:35
- 6 Change "[Read more..]" Textpro 09:39
- 7 Get Rid of the Dots Before the "[Read more...]"pro 13:24
- 8 Style Like a Buttonpro 05:44
- 9 Clean Up the Codepro 03:41
- 10 Handling the Read More When There is No Content Limitpro 12:03