Before you can get started working on customizing the read more link, first you need to look at the actual HTML markup that Genesis generates for you. Then you will begin setting up the new file and loading it into your
functions.php file. Don’t worry. I walk you through it step-by-step, explaining the thought process and why as you work with me to write the code.
Your best friend is code, Tonya is making the introductions.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:27:22
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 04:20
- 2 Basic Code Overviewbasic 06:34
- 3 Markup & Code Setuppro 09:13
- 4 Let's Look at Genesis' Codepro 11:09
- 5 Let's Customize the HTML Markuppro 11:35
- 6 Change "[Read more..]" Textpro 09:39
- 7 Get Rid of the Dots Before the "[Read more...]"pro 13:24
- 8 Style Like a Buttonpro 05:44
- 9 Clean Up the Codepro 03:41
- 10 Handling the Read More When There is No Content Limitpro 12:03