Let’s take a look at where Genesis handles building the read more HTML markup. You will go into the Genesis framework code and then relate that to how your child theme is configured. You configure your child theme in Genesis > Theme Settings. You will compare the code to these settings and look in the database too.
Next, you need to find where you can hook into the Genesis code in order to customize it. Let’s walk through the code and discuss it.
Your functions are bloated. Put them on a diet. Think "skinny" and "as few lines as possible."
Total Lab Runtime: 01:27:22
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 04:20
- 2 Basic Code Overviewbasic 06:34
- 3 Markup & Code Setuppro 09:13
- 4 Let's Look at Genesis' Codepro 11:09
- 5 Let's Customize the HTML Markuppro 11:35
- 6 Change "[Read more..]" Textpro 09:39
- 7 Get Rid of the Dots Before the "[Read more...]"pro 13:24
- 8 Style Like a Buttonpro 05:44
- 9 Clean Up the Codepro 03:41
- 10 Handling the Read More When There is No Content Limitpro 12:03