We want to move the read more link onto its own line. Therefore, the first step is to customize the HTML markup to wrap the read more link with paragraph HTML tags, i.e.
p tags. To do this, you need to register your new function as a callback to the Genesis filter named
get_the_content_more_link. In your new function, you will need to provide the correct HTML markup. Hum, let’s take a look at what is needed, based upon what Genesis does with the markup.
Break. Go rest your noodle for a couple of minutes.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:27:22
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 04:20
- 2 Basic Code Overviewbasic 06:34
- 3 Markup & Code Setuppro 09:13
- 4 Let's Look at Genesis' Codepro 11:09
- 5 Let's Customize the HTML Markuppro 11:35
- 6 Change "[Read more..]" Textpro 09:39
- 7 Get Rid of the Dots Before the "[Read more...]"pro 13:24
- 8 Style Like a Buttonpro 05:44
- 9 Clean Up the Codepro 03:41
- 10 Handling the Read More When There is No Content Limitpro 12:03