In this episode, let’s change the Genesis default text from “[Read more…]” to something else, such as “Continue reading”. You can change it to whatever you want. Let’s walk through the steps and code.
You will learn about:
- Code construction and how to abstract functionality to another function
- Clean, quality coding techniques such as:
- Purposefully naming functions and variables for self-documentation
- Making sure a function only does one thing
- The PHP construct
Let’s walk through this code step-by-step together.
You will grow in this profession when you incrementally and systematically stretch yourself....bit-by-bit.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:27:22
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 04:20
- 2 Basic Code Overviewbasic 06:34
- 3 Markup & Code Setuppro 09:13
- 4 Let's Look at Genesis' Codepro 11:09
- 5 Let's Customize the HTML Markuppro 11:35
- 6 Change "[Read more..]" Textpro 09:39
- 7 Get Rid of the Dots Before the "[Read more...]"pro 13:24
- 8 Style Like a Buttonpro 05:44
- 9 Clean Up the Codepro 03:41
- 10 Handling the Read More When There is No Content Limitpro 12:03