In this episode, you will style the read more link to look and act like a button. You will be working first in the browser, looking at the actual stylesheet, as well as making changes to see what you want. Then you’ll relate what you see in the browser to the stylesheet in your theme.
Remember if you make a change to the stylesheet and this theme is already on a live site, then you need to change the child theme’s version number to ensure the changes go out to the browser. Here is the lab which walks you through how to do it and why: Genesis Version – Ensure Your Latest Changes Go Out to the Browser.
Code. Eat. Code. Sleep. Dream about Code. Code.
Total Lab Runtime: 01:27:22
- 1 Lab Introductionfree 04:20
- 2 Basic Code Overviewbasic 06:34
- 3 Markup & Code Setuppro 09:13
- 4 Let's Look at Genesis' Codepro 11:09
- 5 Let's Customize the HTML Markuppro 11:35
- 6 Change "[Read more..]" Textpro 09:39
- 7 Get Rid of the Dots Before the "[Read more...]"pro 13:24
- 8 Style Like a Buttonpro 05:44
- 9 Clean Up the Codepro 03:41
- 10 Handling the Read More When There is No Content Limitpro 12:03