Instead, Genesis provides the means for you to change the version which then changes the asset’s URL. The browser will see the change and request a new copy.
What You Will Learn
In this lab, you will:
- learn about how Genesis and WordPress work together to provide the versioning
- see how the asset’s URL works in the browser
- see the common constant that Genesis provides for the child theme
- increment (uptick) the version and see how it changes in the browser
- see where Genesis loads the stylesheet
Code. Eat. Code. Sleep. Dream about Code. Code.
Total Lab Runtime: 00:15:48
The Genesis framework defaults to a standard read more link which looks like [Read more...]. But what if you want to read Continue reading, Learn more, or whatever? What if you want it to be on a separate line in its own paragraph? What if you want it to look like a button instead of just a standard link? Well, then this lab is for you. In this lab, you will customize your Genesis child theme, any child theme, to fit your project's needs. Yes, you will be doing all of these customization features.
Check out the Genesis Theming Framework for more hands-on labs, insights, Docx, and more.